Investment Visa in Hong Kong - Easy Application
Investment Visa in Hong KongUpdated on Sunday 19th September 2021
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews
based on 1 reviews
The investment visa in Hong Kong is available to foreign nationals who are able to establish a new business of join an existing one in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Applying for this type of visa is subject to a number of rules and one should note that it is not available to Chinese residents of the Maintained China and to a number of other foreign nationals (Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Nepal and Vietnam).
If you qualify for this type of visa, read below to find out more about the general conditions and how to apply. The team of immigration experts at our law firm in Hong Kong is able to help answer anu questions before you submit your application or can assist you during the application process (and afterwards), as needed.
Conditions for obtaining the investment visa in Hong Kong
Apart from being able to open a company in Hong Kong and having a sound business plan, the applicant for the entrepreneur visa also needs to comply with other conditions. The eligibility criteria are outlined below by our attorneys in Hong Kong:
- Background: the applicant had no criminal record and is subject to no security objection; a good education background and good technical qualifications in the field, along with professional abilities will be verified;
- Business plan: for the purpose of obtaining the investment visa in Hong Kong a two-year business plan is needed; information about the nature of the business, the business goals, marketing strategy, marketing analysis, market positioning and other details are included;
- Business turnover: for new businesses, a two-year prediction of the profits and loss account is expected; those who join a Hong Kong business will also submit documents attesting to the business profits and turnover in the year prior to that in which the application is submitted;
- Other business conditions: these can include proof of investment resources, proof of investment sum, as well as the number of new jobs created locally and the introduction of new technology (if applicable).
Applications for those interested in starting or jointing a start-up business in Hong Kong are also accepted, however, the start-up needs to be supported by a programme under the government. Examples of such programmes include those supported by the Hong Kong Science and Technologies Park Corporation, those administered by the Hong Kong Design Centre or those administered by the Innovation and Technology Commission.
Chinese nationals who live overseas can also apply for an investment visa in Hong Kong provided that they have their permanent residence overseas, that they submit the application from their respective country and that they have been residing overseas for no less than one year before submitting the application.
We invite you to watch a short video guide about this visa:
The process of applying for the Hong Kong investment visa
The application process can be entirely supervised and helped by our team of lawyers in Hong Kong. Below, we briefly list some of the most important steps:
- fill in the application forms: the applicant fills in a special form and so does the sponsor; the forms can be obtained from different offices (for example, the Immigration Department Headquarters of the Government offices outside of Hong Kong);
- choose a local sponsor: the sponsor is needed for this process and he can be a company or an individual; when he us an individual, he needs to be over 18 years or age, a Hong Kong resident and acquainted with the applicant;
- provide the documents: all forms are accompanied by supporting documents such as a recent photograph, copy of a valid travel document or identity card, proof of financial status, the investment plan, any other relevant documents; the sponsor also submits a set of documents;
- apply: the final step is to apply for the investment visa in Hong Kong with the Immigration Department and wait for the approval.
According to the Immigration Department, 2,667 visas were issued under the “Capital Investment Entrant Scheme”. Other data shows the following:
- in 2015, the number of entrants under the “Capital Investment Entrant Scheme” was 2,739 and in 2014 it was 4,855;
- 35,997 employment visas were issued in 2016 under the General Employment policy;
- 10,404 visas were issued in 2016 under the “Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals.”
The acceptance of your investment visa application will largely depend on your proposed business, the presentation of your business plan, as well as on other factors. The team of experts at our law firm in Hong Kong can help you prepare the documents so that you can rest assured that the submission is compliant.
Contact us for more information on the investment visa and for personalized assistance for application.